Labour’s councillor candidates for Bedminster, Mark Bradshaw and Celia Phipps, are writing to local residents about their priorities for the ward.
“As local residents, we are committed to seeing a better Bedminster,” they say. “Bedminster is a great place and we want to see it thrive and improve.” To do that, Celia and Mark are focusing on five key areas:
- Tackling the housing crisis: getting more affordable homes built and better protection and support for people renting their homes.
- Boosting public transport in our area: bring back the 25 bus, make the 24 more reliable, invest in access and more stopping trains at Parson Street, more seats on the 75 & 76 buses, direct link to Temple Meads.
- Let’s Clean Bedminster: targeted action on fly-tipping and litter, working with residents, businesses and Bristol Waste. This work has started and Mark and Celia want it to continue.
- Parks and Green spaces: as Labour councillors Mark and Celia have worked with residents to get South St, Luckwell and Gores Marsh Parks improved and this continues. Now they want to see Ashton Vale get a new play area.
- Engagement and involvement: combating social isolation, backing community transport, making sure people have a say over local decisions such as RPZ which have been imposed on Greater Bedminster by the Mayor.